Wednesday, May 4, 2011

the debut

What to do when you find your bathtub full of bottlecaps?
Start a blog, of course!

It is with joy I find myself in this situation, at the heart of a community art project. LeeAnn Stover and I are directing a project for the Blue Bell Montessori Children's House. With the help of many hands, big and small, gallons of plastic bottlecaps are soon to be converted into a mosaic for the children's garden.

Inspiration for this project can be credited to Michelle Stitzlein, a sculptor from Ohio. http://www.artgrange.com/michellesculpture.html. Fun.

2 comments:

  1. I have been saving milk bottle caps FOREVER...so far we've just used them as a sorting excercise, but I'm liking this art project even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plenty of opportunity for sorting. Fortunately, I've had the assistance of almost 70 pairs of eager little hands to do so. They've made quick work of it too!

    ReplyDelete